Here are just a few simple money saving tips I've learned over the years:
- You can coupon and not be crazy like me and still save money.
- Turn down your thermostat a degree or two. You will notice a difference on your bill.
- In the winter, leave your oven door open after you are done cooking to help heat the house.
- Wear socks! :)
- In the summer, a few well placed fans helps circulate cold air.
- Invest in black out curtains for rooms that are hard to temperature control (like above the garage.)
- Reuse gift bags from Christmas, showers, etc
- Combine trips when running errands.
- Throw loose change into a jar. When the jar is full, take it to the bank to be counted. Enjoy your treat!
- Order water when you go out to eat.
- Sign up for Loyalty Programs.
- Sometimes it's better to spend more up front than to have to replace it later.
- Ask yourself, "Is this a want or a need."
- Shop around and look online!
- Second hand is awesome. (for most things... other things I would never buy used!)
I will add more as I think of them!