Monday, March 5, 2012

Quick and Easy Breadsticks

I was inspired by a friend's delicious dinner last night. I said to myself, "Self, you need to be better at cooking dinner." So, on top of trying a new main dish recipe (soon to come), I took a shot in the dark and Googled "Easy Breadsticks". I was taken to this wonderful website: here. But I will post it for you!

(oops... I ate a few pieces before dinner!)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1 tablespoon oil
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4-1 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 450. Place butter square on pan and put in oven. The butter will melt but don't let it burn!

2. Combine dry ingredients and oil. Stir in milk until the dough sticks together. (I used 1/1/4c tonight.)

3. Knead a few times just inside the bowl. Roll out on floured surface. Place on pan.

4. Cut in half and then in strips. I found using a pizza cutter to be helpful. Bake for 20 minutes.

5. I added my own spunk to the recipe by using the excess butter to coat the top of the breadsticks. I then put some garlic powder on top and sprinkled on parmesearn cheese. 

The are so yummy and take hardly any time to throw together!

No comments:

Post a Comment