Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Guest Post: Dieting

I thought I would give Guest Posting a try! Here is a post from my friend, Sam, about a diet she is using to slim down for a tropical getaway!


I haven’t been a big fan of diets, but I figured I would give this one a try.

Without working out and just following this diet you/I will 2 lbs a week. Just imagine doing it while working out!! Thus far I have lost 6 lbs in a week, now I know that part of that is just my body getting adjusting to the diet. My step-mom and dad have been on this diet since new years and have lost 13 lbs! 

Here’s what we have been doing:

Three “snacks,” a protein shake, meal replacement bar and yogurt up to 200 calories and at least 10g protein (My protein shake is actually 180 and so my meal bars sometimes are 220)
Two meals (lunch and dinner)- lean cuisine, healthy choice, etc up to 300 calories and at least 10g protein
One fruit and as many veggies as you like
The combined total is not to go over 1200 calories

I typically do the following…

Shake for breakfast
Meal bar and veggies on my work break
Lean cuisine for lunch
Yogurt
Lean cuisine for dinner
I will either eat my fruit with my yogurt or after dinner as my dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment