Monday, March 5, 2012

Cheesy Shell Lasagna

I received many cookbooks for my wedding but I haven't used them much. I decided to change that. Tonight I made a new family favorite. Cheesy Shell Lasagna. Here is the delicious recipe (with my suggestions for next time in blue.)


Prep: 25 min    Bake: 45 min

1.5 lbs ground beef Sausage would really spice this up!!!
2 medium onions
1 garlic clove, minced I just pressed mine... and used two cloves. I would do 3 next time
1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
1 jar (14oz) meatless spaghetti sauce
1 can mushroom stems yeah, I didn't use these!
8 oz uncooked small pasta shells Any shaped pasta (ties, bows, etc.)
2 c (16oz) reduced-fat sour cream
11 slices (8oz) provolone cheese
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese

In a skillet, cook the hamburger, onions, and garlic. Drain. Stir in tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.

Meanwhile, boil water for pasta and cook according to directions. Drain.

Place half of the pasta on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Next, layer on half of the sauce then half of the sour cream. Cover with half of provolone cheese. Repeat for next later. Top with mozzarella cheese.



Cover (I forgot this part) and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Or until the cheese begins to brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.


Source:
Everyday Light Meals

No comments:

Post a Comment